“NEARLY TWO-THIRDS OF CEO’S DO NOT RECEIVE OUTSIDE LEADERSHIP ADVICE, BUT NEARLY ALL WANT IT.” – STANFORD SURVEY ON EXECUTIVE COACHING
Business can be tough, and often owners feel no one really understands their issues. Paul has been there, and is in your corner. He has the experience of providing advice as part of The Alternative Board group for 14 years, as well as starting from scratch and running his own successful business for 15 years.
Get the right people in the right seats
We all like to believe we have time to help our team get better. As a business owner, we really don’t. Paul works with proven methods and has considerable experience in this regard. He can provide concrete methods to have your group become more accountable, and better at their jobs.
Sales and bringing products to market
Paul started his career as sales engineer, and managed a sales team prior to starting his own business. He helped identify the right customers, the right time, and right message to bring these products to the marketplace.
Understand your team better
Paul is certified in Behavior and Motivation assessment tools. If you don’t know your key people’s natural attributes, you could be trying to motivate them in the completely wrong way – or they may be in the wrong seat. Are you struggling with an employee or a partner in your organization?
Book your 15 Minute Complimentary Discussion Today
Why is Paul qualified to be my non-equity business partner?
- Paul has met with other business owners discussing confidential business issues for the last 16 years. 12 of those years as the owner of his own $15M business and 4 years as a facilitator of the group. He has helped advise on an extensive number of business issues over those 16 years. It is very likely he can add value to your business.
- All Paul’s sessions are fully guaranteed. If you aren’t satisfied, you don’t pay.
- Paul started from scratch in the basement of his townhouse, a construction business which he built to $15 million in sales and 23 employees by the time he sold it in 2015. Construction businesses are notoriously risky, and require constant attention and listening to your instincts. Paul’s experience navigating those issues from startup to the successful sale of the company has been very valuable knowledge for his clients.
- Paul was one of three founders of SHARC International Systems, before it ultimately went public in 2015. It has expanded into Australia, USA and Scotland as it brings its green Sewage Heat recovery systems to the world. SHARC Energy extracts thermal energy from wastewater to provide cost-effective and eco-friendly space conditioning and water heating.
- Paul’s typical client hires him between 60 – 120 minutes per month and get extraordinary value. Having worked with multiple business owners over 15 years, Paul knows that an hour or two per month provides sufficient advice and support for a typical business owner.
Do I need a business partner?
- If you are an entrepreneur, you probably possess some great or exceptional skills – that maybe you don’t think you’re getting enough credit for. So you want to bring all your skills – and get paid appropriately.
- As a business entrepreneur, you are accustomed to taking risks. You don’t take them often, but you would like to have an experienced ear to run them by.
- We can’t all be good at everything. There are so many skills required to run a successful small business. Sales, Finance, technical skills, computer skills (IT), managing, human resources, legal, … etc.. The list goes on. You can always hire for this, but there’s always the balance of keeping costs down in a small business. With Paul’s years of experience, he can provide an experienced opinion, and at least point you in the right direction when you need professional help.
- How do you keep it all straight? Who to hire? How to manage? Where to spend my valuable time? Do I really need to learn how to read a balance sheet? Do I need to know how to collect money? People will just pay my invoices, won’t they?
- Paul has been there, starting as employee #1, in the basement of his townhome. From there to 23 employees, and a $15M business – he’s had lots of experiences.
Would everyone benefit from a business partner advisor? – No.
- If you believe you can do it all on your own, then you probably aren’t a good fit for a non-equity business partner.
- If you want someone to tell you that all your ideas are great, then you’re probably not a good fit either.
- If you actually read this far along in this website, you probably would benefit from the right business advisor. Are you ready to work beside another ex-business owner? Someone who has been through what you’re going through? You will be surprised how common the issues of most businesses are. People, sales, financials, family, customers, technical deficiencies, training for staff, personnel issues, office conflicts/politics.
1 – I don’t want a business partner. I do want to talk to someone who understands business, who has owned their own business, and will keep our conversations confidential.